FAMILY REUNIFICATION FOR THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS
If you are aware of the requirements of current legislation on family reunification of third-country nationals, you can follow the steps below for the preparation of the application and documents to be attached to it. If you are interested in applying for a family member of a Cypriot citizen, click here.
If you are interested in further information on the requirements, beneficiaries, family members etc., please read the paragraphs that follow the steps below.
Download the documents at the bottom of the page.
Print the downloaded documents. From the list of supporting documents choose the one that corresponds to your needs.
Having read and understood the list of accompanying documents, collect the documents to submit.
(Attention to the documents that need to be submitted in their original form and duly validated/ certified. You can learn more in the validation of documents, here).
Attention, also, to the documents required to be collected by other Departments/ Services and documentation that may be required from abroad, since requisition in such cases may take time!
Complete and sign all other forms that may be required to accompany the application.
Fill in all fields of the application and sign it. Please pay attention to parts of the application that may require signatures from third parties.
Submit the application and its supporting documents at the Civil Registry and Migration Offices in Nicosia.
It is emphasised that at the time of the application submission, the photograph, fingerprints and signature of third country national will be captured by authorised personnel. For convenience purposes, the capturing of the above may take place up to one (1) week after the submission of the application, at the District Units of the Aliens and Immigration Service of the Police, at the District of residence (for all Districts except Nicosia) by presenting the application submission receipt and a valid travel document. The application is not considered complete and cannot be processed further if these data is not captured.
Defining family reunification
Family Reunification Beneficiaries – The sponsor
Family Reunification in the frame of Intra-corporate Transfer
The provisions of the existing legislation on family reunification [Articles 18KΘ-18ΛΗ] apply to the transferees holding an intra-corporate transferee permit or a long-term mobility permit. Certain derogations apply in order to facilitate the exercise of the right to family reunification for these cases [Article 18διςΘ]. Specifically:
- For information on the general application process for registration and issuance of a residence permit to a third-country national, click here
- For information on bank guarantees, click here
Entry in the Republic
Steps after entry in the Republic
Residence permit duration
Maximum allowed duration of stay
- family reunification is not dependent on the requirement that the sponsor has reasonable prospects of obtaining the right of permanent residence
- family reunification is not dependent on the requirement that the sponsor has a minimum period of residence.
- The family reunification application can be submitted at the same time as the application of the sponsor
- The family reunification application is processed at the same time as the application of the sponsor, in cases where these applications are submitted at the same time
- If the conditions for family reunification are fulfilled, the family reunification applications are examined within 90 days from the date of submission.
- The residence permits issued to family members have in principle the same expiration date as the permit of the intra-corporate transferee.
- The family members of the intra-corporate transferee have the right to employment and self-employment.
FORMMFR1.pdf (File Size: 352,63Kb)
ΤΕΛΗ - FEES FR.xls (File Size: 31,11Kb)
Accompanying document for fam members application type.doc (File Size: 74,45Kb)
6.2019.docx FAMILY REUNIFICATION SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS 6.6.2019.docx (File Size: 62,55Kb)
No documents found