The Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) announces that on Monday, 29.9.2014, article 18ΦΖ(7) of the Aliens and Immigration Law (Cap.105) as well as article 4 of the Aliens and Immigration (Amending) (No.2) Law [Ν129(Ι)/2014, O.G. Annex.Ι(Ι) No. 4456] are set into force, for the following categories of third country nationals:
a) who reside or who will enter the Republic for employment purposes, and
b) who reside or who will enter the Republic for visiting purposes
[Κ.Δ.Π. 428/2014, O.G. Annex ΙΙΙ(Ι) Αρ. 4820, 12.9.2014, Number 428].
In view of the enforcement of the above legislation, the Civil Registry and Migration Department has reviewed the procedure for the issuance of residence permits for the above mentioned categories (for more details see relevant Announcement at the bottom of the page).
The Visitors section examines cases of third country nationals who enter the Republic of Cyprus and wish to stay for more than three (3) months, without employment rights.
The following categories of foreigners can receive a Visitors Permit:
(1) Τhird country nationals that have conducted a marriage with Cypriot citizens and their minor children (younger than 18 years old) from a previous marriage and/or parents-in-law from third countries (provided that the provisions of family reunification for family members of a Cypriot are met). These categories must apply for an entry and residence permit filling the form "MCYV2" (see family member of Cypriot Citizen section).
(2) Third country nationals who apply for extension of their temporary residence permit, provided that they have sufficient financial resources for their maintenance originating from abroad (see MVIS3 file attached below)
(3) Τhird country nationals who apply for extension of their temporary residence permit in order to conduct a marriage with a Cypriot or an EU citizen.(see MVIS3 file attached below)
B. Tourist Visas
The application forms that need additional documents can be found in a compessed format with the .RAR extension. You can download WINRAR http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0 or other relevant program in order to view the files.
- Visas are issued by the consular authorities of Cyprus in abroad and they can be extended for a maximum period of 3 months. Visas with the term FINAL can only be extended by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when special reasons exists (e.g. humanitarian reasons, holders of property in Cyprus etc).
- In the case where foreigners from third countries receive visas from a consular authority of Cyprus and their aim is to achieve an extension in their stay, the term FINAL is not noted and the Civil Registry and Migration Department (C.R.M.D.) can accept an application "MVIS3" after the submission of all the required documents, duly certified.
- When a third country national is invited in Cyprus for tourist reasons, the assumption for responsibility of hosting form is completed and submitted along with a bank guarantee (€855 for Asian/American Countries, €515 for Eastern Europe Countries and €340 for Middle East Countries) and a copy of the alien's passport.