IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: From 27.8.2018 for the submission of an application for an entry permit of a labourer in the fields of Agriculture/ Livestock farming, a contract signed by both parties (employer and employee) will need to be submitted. The relevant check lists have been amended accordingly.
Third country nationals must proceed for registration at the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police, or the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia, within 7 days from the date of the arrival. Biometric data such as finger prints and photo are collected.
C. Duration of stay / Exceptions
- The Application "MGEN2" or "MNSP2" (IF SINGLE PERMIT PROCEDURES DON'T APPLY) for the issue of Entry and Temporary Residence and Employment Permit is submitted by the employer, to the Civil Registry and Migration Department through the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police or at the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
- The application should be submitted along with the contract of employment certified by the Department of Labour of the Ministry of Employment and Social Insurances, which is the competent Department for securing that there are no Cypriots or citizens of Member States of the European Union, available or adequately qualified for the specific job or post prior to recommending the employment of third country nationals.
- The maximum period of stay for third country nationals for the purpose of employment is 4 years, with the exception of the livestock farming and agriculture sectors, where the maximum period has been set to 6 years.
- The following third country nationals are exempted from this limitation:
D. Information on Submission, Amount, Duration and Return of bank guarantees.
The application forms that need additional documents can be found in a compessed format with the .RAR extension. You can download WINRAR http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0 or other relevant program in order to view the files.
- highly skilled personnel employed in companies with turnover of more than a million or hundreds of thousands euros and with activities within the priorities set for economic development,
- athletes and coaches of individual or team sports,
- religious icon painters (until the completion of a specific project),
- journalists/ correspondents,
- Syrian nationals of Cretan descent – Kurdish (approved catalogues),
- Homogeneous third country nationals.