|TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMITS FOR THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS - GENERAL EMPLOYMENT|
1. Applications for the issue of Entry and Temporary Residence and Employment Permits are submitted by the employer, to the Civil Registry and Migration Department through the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police or at the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
2. The applications should be submitted along with the contract of employment certified by the Department of Labour of the Ministry of Employment and Social Insurances, which is the competent Department for securing that there are no Cypriots or citizens of Member States of the European Union, available or adequately qualified for the specific job or post prior to recommending the employment of third country nationals.
1. Third country nationals must proceed for registration at the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police, or the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia, within 7 days from the date of the arrival.
2. Fee €70
C. Duration of stay / Exceptions
The maximum period of stay for third country nationals for the purpose of employment is 4 years.
The following third country nationals are exempted from this limitation:
1. highly skilled personnel employed in companies with turnover of more than a million or hundreds of thousands euros and with activities within the priorities set for economic development,
2. executive directors, middle-management staff, executive staff and other key personnel working in companies with foreign activities (ex offshore companies),
3. qualified nurses duly registered in accordance with the Cyprus legislation for the practice of this profession,
4. athletes and coaches of individual or team sports,
5. religious icon painters (until the completion of a specific project)
D. Return of bank guarantees
1. For the return of the bank guarantee deposited for the repatriation of the third country national, a written request should be submitted by the employer to the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
2. The bank guarantee is returned only if the employee departs for his/her country or in case he/she is employed by another eligible employer, in which case the new employer is obliged to deposit a bank guarantee.
3. The bank guarantee is not returned in the following cases:
· the third country national has become illegal after the his/her permit was cancelled, or
· the third country national submitted an application for asylum, or
· the third country national was sentenced for a criminal offence and subsequently he/she is considered a prohibited immigrant, or
· the third country national abandoned his/her place of residence and work and he/she is staying in an unknown address and he/she is missing and wanted for deportation purposes.
E. Third country citizens who are married with a Cypriot
Third country citizens who are married with a Cypriot national and work must apply for a working residence permit (M61 application) filling all necessary documents as per attached instructions (RESIDENCE PERMIT-EMPLOYMENT-MARRIED WITH CYPRIOT)
For more information those interested may communicate with the Civil Registry and Migration Department, CY1457 Nicosia, CYPRUS.
Tel. : 22804443, 22804424,22804597,22403910,22403932,22804484
| RELEASE PAPER.doc (26.52 Kb)|
Bank quarantee return form.doc (194.29 Kb)
GEN.EMPLOYMENT ENTRY PERMIT M58.rar (140.01 Kb)
GEN.EMPLOYMENT RESIDENCE PERMIT M61.rar (133.64 Kb)
RESIDENCE PERMIT-EMPLOYMENT-MARRIED WITH CYPRIOT.rar (466.7 Kb)