A1. Criteria for employment:
A2. Criteria for employment in exceptional cases:
- Families with a child under the age of 12 when both parents work and contribute to the Social Insurance Fund.
- Families with no children when both husband and wife, work and their annual declared taxable income is more than €52.000.
- Single parent families granted the custody of a child under the age of 12, provided that the parent works and contributes to the Social Insurance Fund.
- In cases where one of the two parents works, the annual declared taxable income should be at least €86.000.
- Single working persons provided that their annual declared taxable income is more than €52.000 and that they are contributing to the Social Insurance Fund.
- Elderly people above the age of 75.
- Employers who suffer from the following illnesses / diseases provided that they will present a medical certificate from a specialist physician for each case:
- cancer (with medical certification from the Oncology Centre),
- multiple sclerosis,
- muscular dystrophy,
- kidney disease,
- mental disorders and serious psychological problems,
- limiting vision loss,
- advanced deforming or rheumatoid arthritis that significantly reduces movement,
- senile dementia,
- overweight people with problem in movement,
- people with disabilities,
- heart failure,
- severe epilepsy,
- hemiparesis result of stroke,
- disabled persons, including amputated persons,
Third country nationals must proceed for registration at the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police, or the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia, within 7 days from the date of the arrival. Biometric data such as finger prints and photo are collected.
D. Duration of stay
The maximum period of stay for third country nationals who work as domestic workers is 6 years. Third country nationals are allowed to renew their permits, over the maximum period, provided that they work at the same employer.
E. Information on Submission, Amount, Duration and Return of bank guarantees
F. Change of Employer
- The Application "MDW2" for the issue of Entry and Temporary Residence and Employment Permit is submitted by the employer, to the Civil Registry and Migration Department through the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police or at the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
G. Domestic Workers Salary
The gross salary for a Domestic Worker is €460 and the net salary is €309.
The application forms that need additional documents can be found in a compessed format with the .RAR extension. You can download WINRAR http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0 or other relevant program in order to view the files.
- No more than 2 changes of employer are allowed during the 6-year employment of domestic workers (except in case of death/depatriation/ transfer of the employer in a nursing home, criminal offense by the employer against the third country citizen or after a decision of the Labour Disputes Committee in favor of the third country citizen).
- Change of employer is not allowed after 6 years of employment