PrintPrint Close Close

Republic of Cyprus
Civil Registry Section


These applications can be submitted by foreign spouses of Cypriot nationals, who have completed three years of marriage and two years of residence in the Republic prior to the date of application (For spouses of overseas Cypriots please see last paragraph).

Applications should be subsided at the Administration Districts where the applicant resides (Cypriot nationals ) or at the nearest Embassy (Overseas Cypriots).

Accompanying documents:

· Birth certificate of the applicant
· Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant / Document power for six months.
· Marriage certificate
· Birth certificate of the couple’s children
· Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
· Photocopy of the Cypriot spouse’s passport
· Certificate of acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship of the Cypriot spouse (where applicable)
· Statement of harmonious cohabitation signed before an Officer of the District Administration Office or the diplomatic authority
· Statement of cohabitation from the local authority
· The application should be submitted in duplicate and one of the two application forms should bear two stamps worth 8.54 euros.
· Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 300 euros paid as fees

Application for acquisition of citizenship can be submitted by spouses of overseas Cypriots after they have completed at least three years of marriage. These applications must additionally be accompanied by a letter from the couple stating the reasons for requesting the grant of the Cypriot citizenship to the foreign spouse. If the couple has completed at least five years of marriage and has at least one child, it is not necessary to attach the aforementioned letter.

PLEASE NOTE that all public documents issued abroad must:

a) bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.

b) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or

- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited to Cyprus

No documents found


© 2012 - 2022 Republic of Cyprus,
Ministry of Interior
Civil Registry and Migration Department