1. The application for the issue of RESIDENCE CARD is submitted by Family Members of a Union citizen who are not citizens of a Member-State, within four months from the date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus.
2. For the issue of RESIDENCE CARD the Non-EU citizen Family Members of a Union citizen must submit the following documents:
(a) Valid Passport.
(b) A document attesting to the existence of a family relationship.
(c) Where appropriate, the Registration Certificate of the Union citizen whom they are accompanying or joining.
(d) In the case of a spouse of a Union citizen and direct descendants under 21 or who are dependants of the citizen and those of the spouse, proof of existence of a family relation and that the said family members are dependants.
(e) In the case of any other family member of the Union citizen not falling under the definition in paragraph 2(d), a document issued by the relevant authority in the country of origin or country from which they are arriving certifying that they are dependants or members of the household of the Union citizen, or proof of the existence of serious health grounds which render the personal care of the family member by the Union citizen absolutely necessary.
(f) Proof of the existence of a consistent relationship with the Union citizen.
(g) Two Passport-sized photographs. - It is noted that photographs are now captured during the appliction submission process.
3. The Residence Card shall be valid for five years from the date of the issue or for the envisaged period of residence of the Union citizen, if this period is less than five years.
4. The fees payable are €20
5. Failure to comply with the registration requirement shall render the person concerned liable to a financial penalty up to €2.562,90.
PLEASE NOTE that all public documents issued abroad must:
a) bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.
b) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited to Cyprus