Entry procedures for the purpose of residence in the Republic
Αίτηση για άδεια επανεισόδου/ Application for re-entry permit
Entry to the Republic for the purpose of residence is permitted depending on the case in the following ways:
- with an entry permit issued by the Civil Registry and Migration Department and with the presentation of a valid travel document,
- with a Visa issued by the Diplomatic and Consular Authorities of the Republic (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and with the presentation of a valid travel document,
- with a permit/residence document issued by the Republic and with the presentation of a valid travel document and, in the case of temporary residence permits, when the person concerned has not stayed outside the Republic for more than three months,
- with proof of submission of an application for a residence permit, which bears a re-entry stamp and with the presentation of a valid travel document (the stamp is placed depending on the application, e.g. the cases of applications for an immigration permit and long-term resident permit are excluded). In case of loss of the payment receipt, the interested parties must, before their departure from the Republic, submit an application for a re-entry permit to the Department, explaining the reasons why they must travel while the application is pending. The form can be located at the bottom of this page and when submitting it a valid passport and stamps of €10.25 must be presented. Usually, the application is examined on the spot. As a rule, re-entry is only granted for serious reasons (e.g. health).
- with a residence permit from the first Member State in the context of mobility and with the presentation of a valid travel document,
- with the presentation of a valid travel document or identity card for EU/EEA citizens.
For more information about the procedures, applications, fees, etc. for both entry and residence visit the links on our website according to the case you are interested in.
It is understood that in addition to the entry procedures, for residence purposes, the procedures for obtaining a permit/residence document from the Civil registry and Migration Department must be followed.
Entry procedures for other purposes
for other purposes (e.g. tourism), for cases where an entry visa is not required, and for diplomatic and non-diplomatic cards, the competent Authority is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs