On the basis of the Withdrawal Agreement, UK citizens and their dependent family members who have exercised their right under Law [7(I)/2007] and Directive 2004/38/EC, before the date of withdrawal and/or until the end of the transition period, have the right of residence, employment, and free movement in Cyprus. For more information click here.

If you do not have the right of residence, employment, and free movement based on the Withdrawal Agreement, you cannot continue to reside in the Republic on this basis. In this case, in order to continue to have the right of residence you will need to obtain another residence permit.

The competent authority is the Health Insurance Organisation (HIO). For information on the GHS (GESY) beneficiaries follow this link.

You should report the loss of your document to the Police and submit an application for your document to be reissued.

Any person who finds a document that does not belong to him/ her should hand it over to the authority that issued it, or to the nearest Police station or Consular Authority of the Republic.

You should visit the service points of the Department's main offices and present your residence permit explaining to the service officer the error you have detected. You should also leave your contact phone number. The service officer will keep your residence permit and inform the relevant officer, who will review the case. If there is indeed an error made by the Department, the officer will contact you to explain the next steps to correct the error. If there is finally no error and the service officer will again contact you for further action.

Check if the payment receipt given to you when you paid the fees for your application bears a stamp allowing re-entry into Cyprus. If so, then you should take this receipt with you and present it with your passport on the return journey. Before your trip, you should check with the destination country (embassy) if you need to secure a visa for that country. If there were no fees for your residence permit application (ie the fees were €0) and so you do not have a receipt, then you will need to visit the Department's head office to apply for a re-entry permit.The application form can be found here. Application for re-entry.
You must take your passport with you, stamps amounting to €10.25 stamps. Usually, the application is examined on the spot. If you have lost your receipt or if it is not stamped, you should apply to the Department for a re-entry permit explaining the reasons why you need to travel while your application is pending. As a rule, a re-entry permit is granted only for serious reasons (eg health) and for travel for other reasons you will have to wait for the issuance of your residence permit.

If the application is approved, you will receive a notification of receipt of the residence permit. In case the application is rejected, you will receive a relevant letter. All correspondence will be sent to the address stated on the application.

You may use the SMS notification service.


From the application submission office where you submitted your application.