It is noted that the submission of this application does not grant the applicant any right to remain in or enter the Republic without a valid residence permit or visa.
- Applications along with the required original documents, as stated in the relevant document lists, should be submitted only at the Offices of the Department in Nicosia. To find out whether an appointment is needed follow this link. All documents accompanying application forms should be officially translated and duly certified/ ratified.
- Applications can be submitted personally or through an authorised representative.
- Applications that are not accompanied by all the required documents will not be accepted for consideration.
- Any change in the applicant's data during the examination of the application should be notified immediately to the Department.
- For the application submission, the amount for applicable fees shall be paid as stated below.
- For the issuance of the residence permit capturing of biometric data (photo and fingerprints) and signature of the third country national is necessary, which is done with the presentation of the application submission receipt and a valid travel document. The biometric data can be captured at the same time with the application submission or after the application submission or examination, at the offices of the Department in Nicosia or at the district unit of the Aliens and Immigration Service of the Police of the district of residence of the third country national. From persons who have not reached the age of six years at the time of submitting the application only the photo is captured.
- In case the application is approved, you will receive a letter notifying you on how to receive your residence permit.
- In case the application is rejected, you will receive a letter informing you for the rejection reasons.
Application and required documents
- The fees for submitting this application amount to €500 for all persons included in the application.
- There is an additional fee of €70 in case that the applicant or one of his/her family members need to obtain an Aliens Registration Certificate.
The relevant application forms (MIP1) and the lists with the required documents can be obtained from the Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia
and from here
Duration of immigration permit
Required action after approval
- The residence right of such permits is of unlimited validity, for the holder and his/her adult dependents. The residence permit (card), however, has an expiry date of ten years from the date of its issuance and must be replaced with its expiration.
- The residence permit which is issued to the underage dependents is valid until the age of 18.
An Immigration Permit shall cease to be valid if the interested person and his/her dependents fail to acquire residence in Cyprus within one year from the approval of the application, in case that they are residing outside Cyprus.
Loss of the permanent residence right
An Immigration Permit shall cease to be valid if the interested person and his/her dependents acquire permanent residence abroad or be absent from Cyprus for a period of two years.