UK nationals and UK nationals’ family members who are themselves UK nationals, after a five-year period of uninterrupted legal residence in the Republic of Cyprus before the transitional period or commencement of periods before and after the transitional period.
UK national’s family members who are not UK nationals, given that they maintain the residence rights deriving from the Withdrawal Agreement, after a five-year period of uninterrupted legal residence in the Republic of Cyprus before the transitional period or commencement of periods before and after the transitional period.
Holders of a Registration Certificate (MEU1) or a Residence Card (MEU2) can apply for a Permanent Residence Card, given that they have resided in the Republic for an interrupted period of five years prior to the end of the transitional period and that they can prove their uninterrupted residence by submitting relevant documents, or given that they complete five years of uninterrupted residence before and after the transitional period. Holders of a Permanent Residence Certificate /Card (MEU3) can if the wish to convert their document into a Permanent Residence Document UKW3.
Submission of application
Duration of the residence document
- In order to secure this document, it is necessary to submit an MUKW3 application, pay a fee of €30 for each person and submit the accompanying documents listed in the relevant list of accompanying documents. All accompanying documents submitted as part of applications must be officially translated and duly certified /authenticated.
- Application points can be found here. To find out whether an appointment is needed follow this link.
- To submit an application, it is necessary to obtain biometric data (photo and fingerprints) and the signature, with the presentation of the receipt and a valid travel document. Fingerprints and signature are not submitted for applicants that have not completed the age of 6 at the time of application submission. Biometric data is also necessary for the renewal of the residence document.
- The application form and list of supporting documents can be found here.
- If the application is approved, you will be sent a notification of receipt of the residence document.
- In case of rejection, you will receive a letter with the reasons for rejection.
If the application is approved, the validity of the Permanent residence document UKW3, that will be issued will be 10 years. After the expiration, the Permanent residence document is automatically renewed every ten years after the relevant application submitted by the interested party and the payment of a fee of €30.