Right to apply
It can be submitted by a person who is an adult of full mental ability and has also the citizenship of another country.
Submission of application
Fees and stamps
- You can find the submission offices here.
- This application should be accompanied by the necessary documents mentioned in the list of accompanying documents. These documents should be officially translated and duly certified/authenticated.
- For the submission of the application an amount of fees mentioned below should be paid.
- The application should be submitted in duplicate.
- The application should be signed by a Registrar of Court in Cyprus, or a consular officer of an Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus abroad, or other authorized person.
Examination of the application and subsequent actions
- For the submission of the application a fee of €30 should be paid.
- A stamp of €8.54 should be affixed to the application.
- To avoid unnecessary delay of the examination of your application, all applications should be fully and correctly completed and accompanied by all the necessary documents, which should be officially translated and duly certified/authenticated.
- In case of rejection of the application, the applicant will receive a letter stating the reasons of rejection.
- In case of approval of the application the applicant shall return to the Department the official documents of the Republic of Cyprus such as the passport, identity card and electoral booklet, for cancelling. Following this one copy of the approved application is returned to the applicant.