Other family members, who do not fall under the definitions of family members, according to Article 2 of the Law 7(I)/2007 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Republic
, whose entry and residence can be facilitated according to Aliens and Immigration Law, are the following:
Examination of application
- any other family members, irrespective of their nationality, not falling under the definition of Article 2 who, in the country from which they have come, are dependants or members of the household of the Union citizen having the primary right of residence, or where serious health grounds strictly require the personal care of the family member by the Union citizen. It is noted that third country nationals who have secured the right of residence as family members of Union citizens shall retain their right of residence exclusively on personal basis (cannot transfer such right to another third country national).
- the partner with whom the Union citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested.
The Republic shall undertake an extensive examination of the personal circumstances of the concerned people, including conduct of a personal interview whenever this is deemed necessary and shall justify any denial of entry or residence to these people.
Entry into the Republic
Entry into the Republic is permitted through the legal entry points with a Visa
issued by the Republic’s Consular Authorities
and with a valid travel document. Before the expiration of the Visa an application shall be submitted according to the procedure below.
Procedure for applications
- For the acquisition or renewal of a residence permit to a visitor, an application (MVIS) must be submitted. The application should be accompanied by the necessary supporting documents. All supporting documents submitted in the context of applications must be officially translated and duly certified/certified.
- Applications are submitted at the application submission offices. To find out whether an appointment is needed follow this link.
- For the submission of the application, the necessary fees must be submitted, as listed below.
- During the submission of the application, and in cases where there is no previous registration, a first registration shall be made in the Aliens Registry and an Alien Registration Card (ARC) will be issued.
- For the issuance of the temporary residence permit capturing biometric data (photo and fingerprints) and the signature of the beneficiary is necessary, which is done with the presentation of the application submission receipt and a valid travel document. For persons who have not reached the age of six years at the time of applying only the photo is captured. This data is also captured for the renewal of the temporary residence permit.
- In case the application is approved, the applicant will receive a letter notifying them of how to receive their residence permit.
- In case the application is rejected, the applicant will receive a letter informing them of the rejection reasons.
- Issuance or renewal of a residence permit: €70
- Registration in the Aliens’ Register (only in cases of first registration): €70