The beneficiaries of a UKW2 residence document are the dependent family members of a UK national who themselves are third-country nationals. UK nationals must be entitled of the rights of residence under the Withdrawal Agreement. Application is submitted within four months from the date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus.
Submission of application
Duration of the residence document
- In order to obtain this document, it is necessary to submit an MUKW2 application, pay a fee of €30 for each person and submit the accompanying documents listed in the relevant list of accompanying documents. All accompanying documents submitted as part of applications must be officially translated and duly certified /authenticated.
- Application points can be found here. To find out whether an appointment is needed follow this link.
- To submit an application, it is necessary to obtain biometric data (photo and fingerprints) and the signature, with the presentation of the receipt and a valid travel document. Fingerprints and signature are not submitted for applicants that have not completed the age of 6 at the time of application submission. Biometric data is also necessary for the renewal of the residence document.
- The application form and list of supporting documents can be found here.
- If the application is approved, you will be sent a notification of receipt of the residence document.
- In case of rejection, you will receive a letter with the reasons for rejection.
If the application is approved, the residence document issued will be valid for 5 years. After the expiration, the right to renew and submit an application to obtain a Permanent residence document UKW3 is granted.