Applications for a Non-Impediment Certificate are submitted:
  • For marriage/civil union where at least one person is a citizen of a third country, at the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
  • For marriage/civil union between two Cypriot citizens or between a Cypriot citizen and an EU citizen, at the relevant District Administration (for the EU citizen it is not required to obtain a certificate from the Cypriot Authorities).
  • For Cypriots residing abroad, applications are submitted to the Embassies and Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus.
Applications for a Civil Union are submitted:
  • At the District Administration of the district in which one of the persons intending to enter into a civil union resides, or in case they do not reside permanently in Cyprus, at a District Administration of their choice.
Service hours (Monday to Friday, excl. public holidays) Civil marriages
For information on conducting a civil marriage visit the website of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities.

Issuance of a marriage certificate true copy
For the issuance of a true copy of a certificate of marriage conducted by a Municipal Authority in the Republic of Cyprus, you should contact the relevant Municipal Authority that has issued the marriage certificate.