Right to apply
Applications can be submitted:
Submission of application
- by foreign spouses of Cypriot nationals, which completed three (3) years of marriage prior to the date of application (at least the last two years before the submission of the application should be residing in the Republic).
- by foreign spouses of Cypriot nationals, which completed three (3) years of marriage prior to the date of application and are living permanently abroad.
Fees and stamps
- The application should be signed in front of the Registrar in the court if the applicant is in Cyprus, or, if the applicant is abroad in front of a consular officer or another authorized person.
- You can find the submission offices here.
- The application should be submitted in two copies, accompanied by the necessary documents mentioned in the list of accompanying documents.
- For the submission of the application, the amount of fees mentioned below should be paid.
Examination of the application and subsequent actions
- For the submission of the application, a fee of €300 should be paid.
- Two stamps of €8.54 should be affixed to the application.
- To avoid unnecessary delays in the examination of your application, all applications should be fully and correctly completed and accompanied by all the necessary documents, which should be officially translated and fully certified/authenticated.
- After acquiring the Cypriot citizenship, an application for an identity card and passport can be submitted.
- In case of rejection of the application, the applicant will receive a letter stating the reasons for rejection.